Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Long Beach, Long Island

On Sunday, we went to Long Beach with my parents good friends, Samir and Sheliza, along with my favorite playmate, Jacob. It was about 1 1/2 hour drive and the weather was just gorgeous. It was not too hot and there was a nice breeze. The beach had nice and soft sand but the water was very very cold.

Mommy made sure I had a lot of sunscreen on but she forgot to put some on herself so she got burned on her nose and her arms. Ooops. Sheliza is expecting another baby at the end of July and you can now also see mommy's bigger belly. My sister or brother is in there.

Jacob had so much energy he ran around the whole beach and made sure his dad got some good exercise! I tried to keep up but the cold water scared me. Hopefully when I go to Hawaii next week the water will be warmer and I won't be as scared.

I loved the sand though! Yippee for the warm sun...!

Jacob and I shared some snacks and had a bit to drink during our break in our beach chair.

Mom and I also took a short walk on the beach since I wanted to show her all the cool shells I found in the sand.

Here is Jacob and his dad building some things in the sand. Now, where was my shovel.....

On Friday, we leave for California to see Godfather! We'll be in San Diego for the weekend and then off to Hawaii with both godmother and godfather on Wednesday. We will also meet up with my cousin Leah since they'll be there too for a few days! It'll be nice to have some family time since everyone has been working so much.

Oh yeah, and today is mommy and daddy's anniversary. Happy 2nd anniversary!! You guys survived -- hee hee.

Love,
Matthew

No comments: