Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Bronx Zoo!!!

On a Monday when Daddy took the day off, I was lucky enough to go to my first trip to the Bronx Zoo. I got to see all sorts of animals like giraffes, tigers, polar bears, peacocks, all kinds of reptiles and fish and more!! Mommy went to the Bronx Zoo a long long time ago when she was little and she said everything is pretty much the same -- at least the children's zoo. That's over 20 odd years ago!

Here I am enjoying the fish in the see thru glass! And then we went to a tiger feeding demostration and I was in awe.

Daddy and I took a stroll while walking over to the polar bear exhibit.

Daddy and I watching the giraffes! And then I took a break and when to the playground in the zoo. It was a big kids playground but I kept up!

Here I am in the children's zoo. This is supposed to be a bird's nest but I quickly decided that I was not a bird and needed to get out of the nest.

I loved the prairie dogs though! They were just about my height and so cute!!!

I said hello to them and got to experience what it feels like to peep out of a hole from the ground.

I also climbed a spider web with the help of mommy and read up on the mini kangaroo exhibit.

Next, I tried on a turtle house but decided that I need to grow a bit more for it to fit me.

The ears of some animal (mommy forgot) were quite interesting and a bit big, but boy could I hear a lot better. At the end of the children's zoo there was a petting/feeding area. I got to feed goats, sheep and pet pigs and other animals.

As a lot of you may know my favorite book is Llama Llama Red Pajama but this llama scared the bejeebers out of me. After that, I got scared of all the animals as the goat ate my finger while I tried to feed it. Boo hoo.

We did have a small incident as mommy swung me over and my shoe fell into the pond of an exhibit! Thankfully it was not a polar bear or seal exhibit and instead it was a duck pond in the children's zoo. Daddy came to the rescue and climbed over the exhibit and went in and got my shoe back! Thankfully mommy brought 2 pairs of shoes but unfortunately, mommy did not take pictures since she was cracking up so hard. Oh well. At least you guys all know.

Love,
Matthew

No comments: