Thursday, June 4, 2009

My 2nd Mother's Day

Last year on Mother's Day, I was just about 100 days old! This year, I was big enough to go on a hike with my parents, my grandparents and my grandaunt and granduncle. We went to Minnewasaka, which is in upstate NY. My dad and I of course had a small mommy's day celebration in the morning. We wrote a card together for mommy and we surprised mommy with some flat shoes so she would be comfortable yet fashionable during her commute to work back and forth.

If you can believe it, the hike lasted about 6 hours! That's right. We all hiked an arduous but scenic hike around the lake that provided scenic views way up high. It was very windy at some points and Grandpa Kwon lost his hat at one point!

Here we are the whole team minus mommy who took the picture. Daddy was my porter and carried me for 5 hours and 45 minutes out of the 6 hours.

The Kimbo family. We took a small break at a patch of green and daddy was telling me all about the health benefits of dandelions. Grandma Kim makes some yummy picked dandelions. Once I'm able to handle spicy foods, I'll definitely have to try some.

Grandpa Kwon enticing me to collect dandelions and run!

Proof that the hike was not a smooth one. It had inclines up and down! Grandpa Kwon helped carry me for about 15 minutes and then was about to faint so he had to hand me back over to my trusty porter, Daddy.

Daddy and I and Mommy and I.

The team picture and the Kim family. Yay! We survived.

We were all tired and hungry but we survived and got back to the city around 11PM. Good times were had by all as it'll probably be a while now until we can go on such a long hike since mommy is starting to lose her balance with her tummy growing.

Up next, my trip to the Bronx Zoo!

No comments: